[Privoxy-users] Mac version 3.0.26 (stable) question

Ian Silvester iansilvester at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 5 15:53:45 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas,

All the configuration files are located at /usr/local/etc/privoxy. macOS
hides the /usr folder from Finder however, so to get there from Finder
you'll need to type Cmd-Shift-G and type /usr in the box that shows, the
navigate down through the folders. So long as your macOS account has
admin rights you'll be able to edit Privoxy's configuration files in a
text editor.

That said, if you're new to Privoxy, you might be best off adding rules
to user.action via the web UI, since it will handle getting the syntax
right for you. To enable that, edit the file config (at the path I
listed above) and change the value of setting enable-edit-actions to 1.
>From then on, you can browse to http://p.p in your web browser to edit
your rules.

Hope that helps,

Ian