[Privoxy-users] Mac version 3.0.26 (stable) question

Thomas Cha tomcha75 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 07:48:39 UTC 2017

I'm completely new and don't know if this is the right place to ask. (sorry
if it's not and please let me know where)

Downloaded the Mac OS X version 3.0.26 from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ijbswa/files/Macintosh%20%28OS%20X%29/3.0.26%20%28stable%29/I
downloaded the Privoxy 3.0.26 65 bit.pkg then ran and installed it.

For something I need to do, it's telling me to go to the Privoxy
installation directory (I found the folder in the Applications folder) and
add some lines to the end of the user.action file. But I can't seem to find
this file anywhere.

Where do I look to find it?

I saw it in a version recommended at the top of the list (by clicking on
the link "Download privoxy-3.0.24-stable-src.tar.gz (1.7 MB)") and found
the user.action file but couldn't install it. I'm guessing that was for
Windows and not for Mac...

Where I do find the right file? Or if I have the right file, then where do
I find the user.action after having installed it?

Thanks.
Thomas