[Privoxy-users] Sudden slowdown on 50% of websites?

Jonathan Horvath jdhorvath at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 01:13:15 UTC 2017

Hey all,

Very new Privoxy user here, but I _love_ it. Question though. I installed Privoxy a few weeks ago and everything ran perfectly until last night when, literally overnight, many websites (but not all) were taking forever, as in minutes, to load. These were some of the biggies (facebook, google, etc.) Nytimes, wired.com, duckduckgo worked fine. Toggling Privoxy off fixes the problem.

I’ve changed nothing in the default configuration. In fact, I even uninstalled and reinstalled Privoxy just to make sure I hadn’t mistakenly altered a setting. Issue persists. Tried different browsers. Issue persists.

Any thoughts? Am I crazy?

Thanks,

~ Jonathan