[Privoxy-users] Sudden slowdown on 50% of websites?

Ian Silvester iansilvester at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 27 01:05:16 UTC 2017

Hi Jonathan,

That is strange indeed; I don't recall anyone having reported this
behaviour before. To help us start troubleshooting, please could you
answer the following questions:

- which version of Privoxy do you have installed
- from where did you download it
- on which operating system is it installed
- which browsers have you tried
- do you have any other software in the chain between the browser and
the internet (e.g. firewall or other proxy such a Tor)
- is just one computer affected, or do you have multiple computers at
the same location similarly affected (if yes, OS and browsers for each)

Troubleshooting steps:

Please enable logging as per the manual
(http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/contact.html) and capture and post a
log excerpt when the behaviour is occurring, listing an affected an an
unaffected site you browsed to during the test session.

Is it possible to connect the computer to the internet via a different
ISP (e.g. using a tethered smartphone that is not using WiFi, or if a
laptop taking it to a friend's place or to work) and seeing if the
problem persists? I'm not blaming your ISP per se, but there could be an
interaction involved.

Cheers,

Ian

My PGP public