[Privoxy-users] How to properly redirect http to https?

mingheng wang ifoolb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:54:36 UTC 2018

Thanks. But by application, I'm using vanilla firefox 59 from Fedora, which is very much ubiquitous. Is that version of privoxy (3.0.26) known to work with firefox?
Otherwise I think I'll have to delve into httpd to see how everything goes.

    On Monday, March 26, 2018, 10:05:01 PM GMT+8, Fabian Keil <fk at fabiankeil.de> wrote:

 mingheng wang <ifoolb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, got ahead of myself. I actually have stunnel listen on 443 which
>  forwards all traffic to privoxy on 127.0.0.1:8118, while on 80 privoxy directlylistens. Admittedly I'm not sure what exactly privoxy does with various httprequests, say I know browsers will omit domain part in the request url and Ihope privoxy will do just what I want, when I write something like:forward / localhost:3128 #squid
> forward .feint.biz:443 localhost:1443 #requests to my own site to httpd
>  accept-intercepted-requests 1
> I'm not sure where to look at either so I enabled quite a few logs, hope that won't bother.

It looks like this is working as far as Privoxy is concerned.

It's not clear to me why the application seems to be ignoring
the redirects but Privoxy can't force applications to honour
redirects.

Fabian