[Privoxy-users] Privoxy and HTTP/2

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 21:06:06 UTC 2017

On 12/28/17, Lampshade  wrote:
> I didn't thinked about test suite.
> One the other hand https://http2.akamai.com
> is probably good test suite, because it
> is shielded by TLS.
> http://www.http2demo.io/
> seems to be not shielded, but Firefox debugger
> shows that when I run HTTP/2 test, images are
> transmitted by TLS and HTTP 1.1 are not.

you need to find an https:// test site for testing http/2

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Networking/http2
  Firefox will only be implementing HTTP/2 over TLS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP/2
  Although the standard itself does not require usage of encryption,
most client implementations (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE, Edge)
have stated that they will only support HTTP/2 over TLS, which makes
encryption de facto mandatory.

> If site is over TLS/SSL privoxy don't do
>  its magic it is supposed to do.

Traffic is encrypted to/from sites using TLS/SSL; privoxy sees only
the encrypted traffic so all it can do is allow/deny by host name.  In
other words
{ +block }
foo.example.com/
  -- works