[Privoxy-users] Toggle Privoxy as scheduled task or similar

Walter Hyland wally at moli.ca
Tue Aug 15 13:58:19 UTC 2017

Hello I'm running 3.0.8 on a windows machine to filter web traffic in a small office.
Is there an existing feature that allows me to either toggle off the proxy automatically at certain times (lunch and after hours), or to reload a different default.actions file so that users can access sites I have blocked during working hours?

I understand that the toggle option is available on the web config but I'm nowhere near savvy enough to try scripting that, and I don't want any curious people to poke around and find it.

Currently I'm using a batch file and Scdeduled Tasks to kill the process, rename the default.actions file to a temp name, rename an "open" actions file to default.actions, and relaunch the program. Then reversing the operation after lunchtime etc. I'm just hoping there is a more graceful way of doing this.

Cheers