[Privoxy-users] Modify transparent mode

Redback barnstorming92 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:56:39 UTC 2019

On 5/2/19 8:17 am, Lee wrote:
> On 2/3/19, Redback <barnstorming92 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> G'day Lee
>>>
>>> Thank you for the feed back, I am aware the program has it short coming
>>> with regards to SSL issue, it just the hostname/domains that I wish to
>>> block, however, saying this, the privoxy program is running on the
>>> router only , not on any other device's or computers. Since TV's and etc
>>> now go through this proxy to protect my privacy since TV's are a very
>>> chatty device. I see in the logs, the request for non SSL hostname are
>>> blocked from time to time, and it seem to be a mix bag for SSL request
>>> as most time there is no SSL request in the logs, could this last part
>>> be related to having no setting in the network / proxies property box on
>>> any devices or computers themselves! All device get their IP by the
>>> router DHCP only.
>   <.. snip config bits ..>
>> Let me expand on this earlier statement if I input IP and port 8118 into
>> the proxy setting on each computers or mobile devices then the SSL will
>> show up in the logs, there are other devices which don't have the proxy
>> interface to input into, so they skip the SSL block , there must be a
>> work around other than dnsmasq procedure.
>
> I've never used DD-WRT so maybe this
>   https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=769841
> if you enable transparent mode?
>
> Regards,
> Lee

Thanks Lee
Believe me I have search threw and threw not just in that forum but
others also, yes, I have transparent mode running however, it only does
port 80 and not 443 which is a shame. Ill have to compliment it with
dnsmasq for privoxy short comings. At the end of the day it about
privacy given the Government 2yr data retention requirement for all ISP.

Cheers