[Privoxy-users] Switch forward rules on-the-fly?

Az azimuth99 at danwin1210.me
Sun Oct 7 06:59:23 UTC 2018

On Sunday 7 October 2018 06:25,
Az <azimuth99 at danwin1210.me> put forth the proposition:
> Hello
>
> I use a text browser with Tor quite a lot and often come up against
> captchas. When this happens I usually go through a different proxy,
> but then I lose the privoxy protection. It's either that or boot X11
> and a GUI browser, find the site again and complete the captcha.
>
> Is there a way of switching from one proxy to another somehow via my
> browser that doesn't involve turning off privoxy or adding a rule for
> each site that this happens with? With my regular sites I do add
> rules to go direct or via a plain http proxy, but I don't want to do
> it for every random site that uses cloudflare etc., which seem to be
> on the increase now.
>
> I'm kind of thinking something I could add to the URL to let privoxy
> know that I need to use a different forward rule. I looked at tags,
> but I'm not sure I really understand if they could work for what I
> want.

Well I almost had something working. I added /1234567890 on to the
end of a URL and set up a simple redirect like s@/1234567890$@@. It
worked OK for http, but of course not for https.

Then I tried adding a subdomain 'forward-socks5.' to the start, but
it fails with this error:

Error: pcrs command "s at forward-socks5.@@" changed
"forward-socks5.duckduckgo.com:443" to "duckduckgo.com:443" (1 hit), but the
result doesn't look like a valid URL and will be ignored.

Why is this URL seen as an error?

The actual URL I entered in the browser was

https://forward-socks5.duckduckgo.com/lite/

Thanks for any help.

--
Az