[Privoxy-users] Privoxy working properly with Firefox but not Chrime (linux mint 18.3)

Tom Stephenson gtstephenson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:58:22 UTC 2018

Neither of these docs work.
When I open chrome settings and search for proxy I do find a line to "Open
proxy settings" but the button at the right is not hilighted. If I click on
it anyway I get a paragraph:

*When running Google Chrome under a supported desktop environment, the
system proxy settings will be used. However, either your system is not
supported or there was a problem launching your system configuration.*

*But you can still configure via the command line. Please see man
google-chrome-stable for more information on flags and environment
variables.*

When I open chrome via command line and specify the proxy settings the
browser does NOT use the proxy. But if I choose then to open an incognito
window that window DOES follow the proxy settings.

Tom S