[Privoxy-users] Blocklist/filter

Robert Klemme rklemme at klemmeconsulting.com
Fri Oct 27 03:49:15 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a Windows Live Tile Blocklist or Filter.  Not sure
which is appropriate or how to write it.

I have three packet captures in Fiddler, see attached screenshots.

It looks like there is always a .tile.weather.com or .tile.microsoft.com
involved in these transactions.

Can anyone recommend a way to block this in my custom.action file , I'm not
much of a programmer so I am not sure how to code this.  (*.tile*) I just
embarrassed myself but you get the picture of what I am trying to do.

I would also like to block as image so I can replace their propaganda with
a smiley face .jpg.  I think this can be done because it is only use http
when it pulls the pic.

This would be EPIC!!

Also, I know Live Tiles can be turned off on a per PC level and also a
group policy but in a large BYOD environment there is no way to manage this.

Thanks in advance.

Also, if this requires some more research and/or quite a bit of work, I am
glad to donate accordingly. Let  me know.

Robert

--
Robert Klemme Jr.
President, Klemme Consulting LLC.