[Privoxy-users] filter/blocklist

Robert Klemme rklemme at klemmeconsulting.com
Sun Oct 29 20:35:39 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a Windows Live Tile Blocklist or Filter.  Not sure
which is appropriate or how to write it.

Here a few of the hosts I discovered  packet captures.

travel.tile.appex.bing.com
foodanddrink.tile.appex.bing.com
tile-service.weather.microsoft.com

Can anyone recommend a way to block this in my custom.action file , I'm not
much of a programmer so I am not sure how to code this.  (*.tile*) I just
embarrassed myself but you get the picture of what I am trying to do.

I would also like to block-as-image so I can replace their propaganda with
a smiley face jpeg.  I think this can be done because it is only uses http
when it pulls the pic.

Also, I know Live Tiles can be turned off on a per PC level and also a
group policy but in a large BYOD environment there is no way to manage this.

>From a security standpoint, I think it will only be a matter of time until
malvertising is served right through the Windows OS via Live Tiles.

Also, if this requires some more research and/or quite a bit of work, I am
glad to donate accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

--