[Privoxy-users] user-agent based forwarding action

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Tue Jun 20 09:37:31 UTC 2017

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.

> you are trying to hide the UA, but then tag against it? How do things go if you comment out the above line?

The problem/solution is that user.action is parsed on first come basis apparently. So switching the order solved it:

# THIS FIRST: Tag & forwarding based on user-agent
{+forward-override{forward-socks5 192.168.0.102:2222 .} \
+client-header-filter{hide-tor-exit-notation} }
TAG:^User-Agent: Explorer SunOS

# THEN THIS: Spoof accept-language and user agent
{+hide-accept-language{en-ca} \
+hide-user-agent{Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux; i686; en-ca; rv:1.7)
KHTML (like Gecko)}  } /

GIVES:
Header: Tagger 'user-agent' added tag 'User-Agent: Explorer SunOS'. Action bits updated accordingly.
Header: Modified: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux; i686; en-ca; rv:1.7) KHTML (like Gecko)

>if you set your UA and visit an HTTPS site,
>Privoxy won't know the UA and the override will not apply. I think
>pretty much all headers are encrypted, and so Privoxy can't know about
>the UA. Please can someone say if this is wrong?

Interesting point, I'd also like to know...

Thanks for the info

--
HardenedBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.