[Privoxy-users] Trouble Updating Privoxy

Daniel Hok dhok35 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:10:14 UTC 2016

Hey Privoxy devs,

I recently tried using Privoxy again (my previous download was in 2014)
because I started getting "There is no internet connection" when connected
to Privoxy on my school's wifi. I thought it was because my version was out
of date, so I just uninstalled using the script and then redownloaded the
new version today.

I got version 3.0.26.64 on El Capitan 10.11.6 and am using Chrome
53.0.2785.116.
I checked and rechecked that I have the correct configuration according the
README (and what I used to have when it was working, like 121.0.0.1 and
port 8118), but when I check config.privoxy.org, it says that Privoxy isn't
being used. I'm not combining it with anything else nor using a firewall,
so I'm confused why it isn't working when I turn on my proxy settings on my
mac for HTTP and HTTPS. I also checked and ran the script again to ensure
that Privoxy is running. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks!

Daniel