[Privoxy-users] Block iOS YouTube Ads

Haroon haroon at shawwal.duckdns.org
Fri Dec 9 13:41:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016, Redback wrote:

> Just for the record, isn't youtube by nature SSL irrespective of whether,
> it's a desktop or mobile hand device's !, if so then the connection's won't

I thought about that. The thing is, I have zero ads when viewing YouTube
on any of my computers, so there is something different about the iOS app.
If I use the iOS app without Privoxy in the mix I will get banner-type ads
at the bottom of the video, in addition to the bumper ads that appear
before videos begin playing. So Provixy is at least having some positive
effect on the experience. When I have more time I will try to investigate
it further, but was hoping someone had a quick answer.