[Privoxy-users] Privoxy & DD-WRT router logging issue

Fabian Keil fk at fabiankeil.de
Sat Aug 13 15:51:03 UTC 2016

Redback <barnstorming92 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m now running Privoxy from my new DD-WRT router in a non transparent
> mode with no issue with access or running privoxy from the router. The
> reason for running Privoxy from the is, so that I can control the flow
> of information across the network from various devices, like Samsung TV
> was a debacle, Bluray player, other computers and mobiles and etc. The
> problem I’m facing, is, been able to log the various devices activities
> by logging there activities. I can do this if the said device itself has
> a proxy setting within the device, but half the said devices do not have
> the proxy setting within the devices setting and so I’m stumped. How can
> I setup privoxy to be able to log all activates from across the network
> without having to add proxy setting in each devices ?

As far as Privoxy is concerned you already did that by
setting "accept-intercepted-requests 1".
https://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/config.html#ACCEPT-INTERCEPTED-REQUESTS

Additionally you have to configure the packet filter on the
router to intercept and redirect HTTP traffic into Privoxy.
How to do this should be described in the DD-WRT documentation,
if it isn't you could try documentation from other GNU/Linux
distributions.

Fabian